Vitamin D2, also known as ergocalciferol, helps the body use calcium and phosphorus to make strong bones and teeth. It is fat-soluble (can dissolve in fats and oils) and is found in plants and yeast. It can be made in the body from another form of vitamin D when the body is exposed to the sun. Vitamin D2 is also made in the laboratory to prevent and to treat vitamin D2 deficiency.
- Stabilizes thyroid function.
- Promotes weight loss.
- Boosts energy.
- Promotes calcium absorption.
ADVERSE REACTIONS AND SIDE EFFECTS
- Skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue.
- Bone pain, increased thirst, increased urination at night.
- Irregular heartbeat, high blood pressure, seizures.
- Unexpected weight loss, unusually weak or tired.
- Constipation, dry mouth, headache.
- Loss of appetite, metallic taste, upset stomach.