Letrozole is also used as an infertility treatment due to its capacity to induce a healthy egg to develop and be released in women who are not ovulating naturally, also known as ovulation induction.
- Promotes ovulation.
- Treats gynecomastia in men.
- Prevents endometriosis.
- Treats infertility.
- Treats breast cancer.
ADVERSE REACTIONS AND SIDE EFFECTS
- Hot flashes, warmth or redness in your face or chest.
- Headache, dizziness, weakness.
- Bone, muscle or joint pain.
- Swelling, weight gain.
- Increased sweating, increased cholesterol in your blood.
Letrozole is used mainly in women post menopause. If you have recently gone through menopause, discuss birth control with your doctor. Do not use birth control containing estrogen. It is unknown if this drug passes into breast milk. If you experience any of these side effects, contact your medical provider immediately.