Oxandrolone is used to help people regain weight they have lost due to certain medical conditions such as: surgery, chronic infection, trauma or long term use of corticosteroid medication such as hydrocortisone/prednisone.
Oxandrolone belongs to a class of drugs known as anabolic steroids, similar to testosterone. This agent may be used for testosterone replacement therapy in hypogonadal men, in HIV-wasting syndrome, and in other conditions in order to increase nitrogen retention and fat-free muscle mass.
- Promotes lean muscle growth.
- Facilitates lean muscle maintenance.
- Adjuvant in HRT.
- Relieves osteoporosis pain.
- Promotes weight gain.
ADVERSE REACTIONS AND SIDE EFFECTS
- An allergic reaction, swelling of the arms or legs, voice changes.
- New or worsening acne, difficulty sleeping, headache.
- Changes in sexual desire, liver and spleen complications, tumor formation.
- Mental/mood changes (such as anxiety, depression, increased anger), trouble sleeping, or snoring.