Sildenafil belongs to a class of medications called Phosphodiesterase (PDE) inhibitors. It is mainly used to treat erectile dysfunction by increasing the blood flow to the penis during sexual stimulation. It has also been proven effective in enhancing the exercise capacity in adults with Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH), by relaxing the blood vessels in the lungs and allowing blood to flow easily.
- Improves sexual function in men and women.
- Sexual enhancement for premenopausal women.
- Sexual enhancement for women with sexual arousal disorder.
Precautions before taking Sildenafil:
Never take Sildenafil if you are under these medications:
- Methscopolamine nitrate
- Nitrates such as amyl nitrate
- Isosorbide dinitrate
- Isosorbide mononitrate
- This includes other medications for Erectile Dysfunction such as tadalafil, vardenafil and other sildenafil products.
- Particular high blood pressure drugs
- Some HIV/AIDS treatment drugs
- Certain fungal and yeast infection medicines (fluconazole, ketoconazole, and voriconazole